Please Note: Power Turbo Yeast should not be used with the Air Still, and the quality is not particularly good when used with the Reflux Still.
Still Spirits Power Turbo Yeast is the ultimate in performance yeast. it is particularly good for people who want to make liqueurs and half strength spirits without the need to distill.
Power Turbo Yeast can be used where high alcohol strength is the most important factor. Fermenting to 23% ABV in the wash will increase distillation yield by nearly one third!
If you are looking for the best quality distillate, don't use Power Turbo Yeast.
Power Turbo Yeast should only be used where a cool air temperature of 18-24°C can be maintained.
This product comes complete with a sachet of Turbo Carbon and the two products should be used together to produce the best quality spirit base.
- First prepare the water making sure that it is as close as possible to 40°C (104°F).
- Adjust the temperature if necessary with hot or cold water.
- Adjust water start volume to exactly 20 litres (4.4 gallons).
- Now add 10kg (22lb) of granulated sugar or 10.5kg (23lb) of dextrose and stir until completely dissolved (do not use sucrose sugar, final ABV will be substantially reduced).
- Important — for ultimate alcohol quality add Still Spirits Turbo Carbon at the same time as the yeast.
- Add the yeast and stir well, rest the lid loosely on the fermenter and leave to ferment at an air temperature of between 18-24°C (65-75°F) for 7 days.
- Above 24°C (75°F) fermentation will stick.
For best quality spirit both Turbo Carbon and Turbo Clear should be used (but not essential).
Turbo Carbon absorbs impurities during fermentation, Turbo Clear should be added after fermentation and the wash racked before distillation otherwise impurities first trapped by the absorbents will be released back into the alcohol during the boil.
Yeast, Yeast Nutrient, Bentonite, Activated Silicon Dioxide.