Please note: This is the only type of yeast that should be used with our Air Still.
Turbo Yeast represents a revolutionary breakthrough in yeast development allowing "Triple Distilled" quality alcohol to be made in the home for the first time.
This product comes complete with a sachet of Turbo Carbon and the two products should be used together to produce the best quality spirit base.
If using a Super Reflux Still then use this product if you wish to produce White Spirits (Gin, Vodka, or White Rum).
You will need to buy either 6 Kilos of white Granulated Sugar or 7 Kilos of Dextrose Powder (Glucose Power).
- Prepare water making sure that is as close to possible to 30°C (86°F).
- Adjust the water temperature if necessary with hot or cold water.
- Adjust water start volume to exactly 21 litres (4.6 gallons).
- Now add 6kg (13lb 4oz) of Granulated Sugar or 7kg (15lb 7oz) of Dextrose, and stir until completely disolved.
- Important — for ultimate alcohol quality add Still Spirits Turbo Carbon at the same time as the yeast.
- Add the yeast and stir well, rest the lid loosely on the fermenter and leave to ferment at an air temperature of between 18-24°C (65-75°F) for 7 days.
- Above 24°C (75°F) fermentation will stick.
To make real commercial quality spirits, both Turbo Carbon and Turbo Clear must be used!
Turbo Carbon Contains fermentation absorbents such as activated carbons that absorb impurities during fermentation. Turbo Clear must be added after fermentation and the wash racked before distillation, otherwise impurities first trapped by the absorbents will be released back into the alcohol during the boil.
Yeast, Yeast Nutrient, Bentonite, Activated Silicon Dioxide
Net Weight: 110g