SUITABLE FOR USE IN BOTH OUR AIR STILL AND T500
This is the only yeast that is suitable to be used with our Air Still.
This triple pack makes it easy to produce a top quality wash for your still. It includes Triple Distilled (Pure) Turbo Yeast, Turbo Carbon, & Turbo Clear.
Turbo Yeast represents a revolutionary breakthrough in yeast development allowing "Triple Distilled" quality alcohol to be made in the home for the first time.
This product comes complete with a sachet of Turbo Carbon and the two products should be used together to produce the best quality spirit base.
If using a Super Reflux Still then use this product if you wish to produce White Spirits (Gin, Vodka, or White Rum).
You will need to buy either 6 Kilos of white Granulated Sugar or 7 Kilos of Dextrose Powder (Glucose Power).
- Prepare water making sure that is as close to possible to 30°C (86°F).
- Adjust the water temperature if necessary with hot or cold water.
- Adjust water start volume to exactly 21 litres (4.6 gallons).
- Now add 6kg (13lb 4oz) of Granulated Sugar or 7kg (15lb 7oz) of Dextrose, and stir until completely disolved.
- Important — for ultimate alcohol quality add Still Spirits Turbo Carbon at the same time as the yeast.
- Add the yeast and stir well, rest the lid loosely on the fermenter and leave to ferment at an air temperature of between 18-24°C (65-75°F) for 7 days.
- Above 24°C (75°F) fermentation will stick.
To make real commercial quality spirits, both Turbo Carbon and Turbo Clear must be used!
Turbo Carbon Contains fermentation absorbents such as activated carbons that absorb impurities during fermentation. Turbo Clear must be added after fermentation and the wash racked before distillation, otherwise impurities first trapped by the absorbents will be released back into the alcohol during the boil.
Yeast, Yeast Nutrient, Bentonite, Activated Silicon Dioxide
Net Weight: 110g
Please note: The following information is for Turbo Carbon. Turbo Carbon is included with every purchase of Triple Distilled Yeast.
Turbo Carbon is specifically designed for use during fermentation. The unique activate internal pore structure removes impurities not taken out by post distillation filtration. It is essential for use with Triple Distilled Turbo yeast and will significantly improve all Turbo Yeasts.
Continue to filter after distillation choosing from the range of Still Spirits activated carbon filter products.
Always use Turbo Clear after fermentation to remove solids before distillation. If Turbo Clear is not used, the impurities trapped by Turbo Carbon will be released during the boil.
- Before opening, massage the sachet to ensure it is lump free.
- Add immediately after adding your choice of Turbo Yeast.
- Stir well to disperse.
Tip: Use a steriliser cleaner solution to clean carbon residue from your fermenter after use.
Water, Activated Carbons, Xantham Gum, Preservative (sulphur dioxide).
Net Weight: 130g
Still Spirits Turbo Clear 24hr clearing comes with both part A and B complete
Turbo Clear should always be used to clear your wash before distillation. Within 24 hours of use, 95% of yeast cells, solids and other unwanted by-products are removed from your wash.
- Finings A: Once fermentation is complete, stir wash vigorously to remove all the gas. Once degassed add the contents of Finings A, stir well to mix and leave to stand for one hour.
- Finings B: After one hour stir the wash very gently and add Finings B whilst stirring. Stop stirring as soon as all the Finigs B has been added. Do not stir vigorously as this will distrupt the clearing process. Leave to stand for 24 hours before carefully removing the clear wash for distilling.
Alergen information: Contains a product of crustacea. Contains sulphites.
Sufficient to treat 25 litres of wash or wine.
Net weight: 130g
Water, Silicic Acid, Chitosan, Preservative (sulphur dioxide).