T500 Still Starter Kit with Copper Condenser
How do you make the already fantastic T500 better? With a copper column of course!
Operating the Turbo 500 Condenser is now easier than ever thanks to the fact there is only one thermometer to keep an eye on. The new design thermometer (complete with stainless steel probe) on the T500 measures the output temperature only, as there is no need for an inlet (top) thermometer.
All you need to get started making fantastic spirits & liqueurs. You will not find a better value for money kit anywhere.
In our opinion, the Turbo 500 Condenser is the finest piece of equipment we have seen for the small producer. The quality of the alcohol is exceptional. It still benefits from treatment through the Spiritworks Filter. This increases the taste quality and removes further impurities.
The main reason for the exceptional quality is the water flow is controlled at all points. It’s therefore essential to get a controlled water supply into the column. This is why a tap connector is used. The connector should be fitted to a tap with a screw thread or one with an aerator (after the aerator disc has been removed). Alternatively, you can purchase a 20mm BSP adapter for the flow controller which will allow you to connect it to a washing machine fitting or tap with an external (male) thread. If this can't be done we can supply a rubber end as a final option. This needs to be ordered separately. As we said earlier, the reason the quality is so good is that we fully control the outlet water temperature by careful restriction of the water flow.
This will make 10 x 75cl bottles of 40% ABV liquor. Once the kit has been purchased each additional batch will cost approx £2.30 a bottle.
- 1 x Turbo 500 Still with stainless steel lid & Copper Condenser Column
- 1 x Spiritworks Granular Carbon Filter, complete with 2x 10 Litre Buckets and all necessary fittings. (See below for details).
- 2 x 30 Litre Food Grade Plastic Buckets with Lids & Grommets & Airlocks
- 1 x Mixing Spoon or Paddle
- 1 x Hydrometer
- 1 x Thermometer
- 1 x Auto Siphon with anti-sediment end, tap end and bucket clip (for transferring the liquor to other containers and bottling)
- 1 x Jug (Very useful for mixing Spirits & Liqueurs)
- 1 x Spirit Hydrometer (For testing the amount of Alcohol by Volume (ABV)
- 1 x Classic Turbo Yeast
- 1 x PureTurbo Yeast
- 2 x Turbo Carbon
- 2 x Turbo Clear
- 1 x Classic Whisky (sachet)
- 1 x Classic Brandy (sachet)
- 1 x Classic Gin (sachet)
- 1 x Classic Bourbon (sachet)
- 1 x Classic Rum (sachet)
- 1 x Copper Saddles (in the column)
- 1 x 30g Ceramic Boil Enhancers
- 1 x Stainless Steel Saddles (in the column)
- 1 x 100g Steriliser
- 1 x Distillers Conditioner 80ml
Turbo 500 Still
In our opinion, the Turbo 500 Condenser is the finest piece of equipment we have seen for the small producer, capable of distilling alcohol to just over 90% ABV. The quality of the alcohol is exceptional, however, it still benefits from treatment through the Spiritworks Granular Carbon Filter. This increases the taste, quality, and removes further impurities.
The machine is capable of distilling 25 litres of wash in one go and is superb for essential oil extraction, fuel ethanol production or alcohol distillation (licence is required in the UK).
The main reason for the exceptional quality is the water flow is controlled at all points. It’s therefore essential to get a controlled water supply into the column. This is why a tap connector is used. The connector should be fitted to a tap with a screw thread or one with an aerator (after the aerator disc has been removed). If this can't be done we can supply a rubber end as a final option. This needs to be ordered separately. As we said earlier, the reason the quality is so good is that we fully control the outlet water temperature by careful restriction of the water flow.
- Produces 95% yield at 93% purity.
- Easy to use.
- Stops producing when alcohol exhausted.
- The ultimate home distillation unit.
- Faucet Adapter for ease of water flow adjustment.
- 25-litre boiler with 2kw integrated element.
- Boil dry reset.
- Thermal cut out fuse.
- Waste discharge tap.
- Ceramic Beads (Boil Enhancers)
Spiritworks Granular Carbon Filter - Contents
- Aluminium Tube with 2 ends with washers
- Anodised Aluminium Mesh Filter support (top)
- Stainless mesh filter (bottom)
- 2 x 10-litre buckets with lids and a tap.
- One length of siphon tube.
- 1 x 1kg of Granular Carbon
The Filter is designed to clean the alcohol after distillation and remove off flavours and smells which can happen in the process. For the filtration to work effectively it's essential the strength of the alcohol that needs treating is between 40-50% ABV. Please dilute your alcohol to be within this range before starting.
Extracting Essential Oils: The T500 can also be used for the creation of Essential Oils. If you would like to learn more please see the 'Guides & Videos' above.
Distillation: For information regarding the distillation of alcohol using this still in the UK please see our UK Disclaimer Page.
This product bears the CE marking and conforms to the EU Directives
Internal measurements of boiler:
- Height: 420 mm
- Max Fill Height: 345 mm
- Diameter: 295 mm